Lotus Domino Admin Blast
- 1 day
- Data volume keep on increasing. We are overwhelmed by information which we need to manage at our best. This workshop allows us to tackle the storage under all its aspects: how to limit storage e.g. by setting up DAOS technology available since Domino 8.5 and how to archive data.
- Based on theory and practical exercises, participants will be trained on the technical requirements and the set up of DAOS and archiving. Transactional Logging will also be explained due to the fact that this configuration is a requirement prior to setting up DAOS.
Both native archiving using Domino and third party archiving software are part of the workshop. Strategic aspects will be discussed in order to determine whether setting up DAOS and/or archiving is useful within your company.
- Lotus Notes administrators willing to understand the technical aspects of DAOS and archiving before setting it up.
- Participants have to be Lotus Notes users.
This course covers the following topics :
- Aspects to be considered
- Quota management
- Accessing archives
- Increasing mail volumes
- Back up facilities
- Quick recovery
- Mail management
DAOS Part I
- When would you use it? (Mailboxes, Applications)
- Requirements (Hardware requirements, Domino requirements)
- Interoperability (Mixed Domino Servers, Cluster environment)
- DAOS vs Shared Mail
- What is it?
- Points of attention
- Kind of transactional logging (circular, linear, archive)
DAOS Part II
- Capacity Planninf : DAOS Estimator
- How to configure
- Miscellenaous console commands
- Impact on Quotas
- How to backup
- How to restore
- Why would I use archiving? (advantages, points of attention)
- Archiving architecture (local, server based)
- Via Native Lotus (manually, automatically)
- Third party tools
EASI is an official training provider, recognised by the Flemish gouvernment's 'KMO-portefeuille'.