Modernizing IBM Lotus Domino 8.5.2 Applications - D8L56
Place and date according to your availability
- 2 days
- Prior to IBM® Lotus® Domino® version 8.5 and the launch of XPages, the concept of modernization did not exist. This course will instruct you on the technique, capabilities, and advantages of updating or modernizing existing applications to use XPages technology. On Day 1 of the course, you will review and compare the architecture and design approaches of modernizing an existing forms- and views-based application; determine when it makes sense to modernize; and also identify the elements to be modernized, among other tasks. You will further examine the approach to use when planning for a modernization. Day 2 of the course covers refactoring and modernizing business logic, and provides an opportunity for you to apply what you have learned by modernizing an existing application.
- This expert course is for Lotus Notes® application developers, including application developers who have experience with IBM Lotus Domino Designer and XPages applications and need to know how to modernize existing applications to use XPages technology.
- You should complete: Developing IBM Lotus Domino 8.5.2 Applications: Intermediate XPage Design (D8L53); Fundamentals for IBM Lotus Domino 8.5.1 Development (D8L51).
This course covers the following topics :
Introduction to application modernization
- Define modernizing Explain the importance of standardization List the benefits of modernizing an existing application.
Comparing the architectures
- Review and compare architecture design and approaches Determine when to modernize Identify elements for modernization.
Planning the approach for modernizing
- Strategize for modernization Reuse, reduce, and recycle components of the application design Create a modernization plan.
Modernizing an application
- Refactor and modernize business logic Use OneUI to create and add content to the application layout Create a form layout Create a mobile UI For practical, hands-on training, labs are included at the end of select lessons, including a comprehensive lab in which students modernize an existing application. To reinforce the instruction, brief demonstration videos are included in Lessons 3 and 4.