Pioneer is a name that doesn't need an introduction: they are one of the most prominent players on the market of audio-visual material. For things like car entertainment, audio, video, DJ-gear and much more, Pioneer is a top choice. Pioneer is a very respected customer of EASI, that we have been serving for several years. Pioneer is a long-term Cloud2be customer that uses more than one Cloud2be service. One of the things they do in Cloud2be is running their IBM Notes and Domino environment on Cloud2be.
IBM Notes and Domino in the Cloud
The environment contains 7 Domino servers in Cloud2be: Mail, applications, Web-server, Traveler and Sametime Community/Proxy/WAS, serving approximately 450 end-users all over Europe.
EASI performed this migration using a pragmatic approach: There was never any downtime for the end-users during the migration, and we had a fallback plan in case things went wrong. We never had to use this fallback plan however.
The benefits for Pioneer are easily identified:
- No service disruption during the phased migration
- The configuration of the existing Domino environment remained exactly the same
- There was no time pressure during the migration
- No loss of data (of course)
- Tested and transparent fallback plan.
- Performant and stable environment in use at Cloud2be
- Free up local resources
- Support and monitoring is provided by EASI.
Anti-spam as a service in the cloud
Another Cloud2be service Pioneer uses, is our Anti-Spam as a Service (ASaaS) to filter unwanted emails. Emails that are sent to Pioneer, now arrive first in Cloud2be, where viruses and other unwanted stuff is directly transmitted to the recycle bin. After this cleaning, only the proper messages are sent to the different mail servers at Pioneer.
This approach generates a number of advantages for Pioneer:
- Pioneer's network is no longer used by unwanted emails
- Pioneer does no longer need to manage and maintain an anti-spam and anti-virus solution
- The costs are fully transparent for Pioneer
- The ASaaS-infrastructure is fully redundant which means there are never downtimes