Last Friday Citrix announced version 7.11 of it's highly secured virtualization platform XenApp and XenDesktop.
You might be wondering what happened to version 7.10. This was intelligently dropped to avoid confusion with version 7.1
This version offers some major improvements for your environment:
- Windows Server 2016 support: exact launch date is not yet confirmed, but you will be able to use XenApp and XenDesktop 7.11 from the start on this new next-generation, cloud-ready server operating system.
- Complete Microsoft Azure integration: Microsoft Azure becomes the strategic cloud vendor for Citrix
- Microsoft Universal Apps delivery to any device - Microsoft, Android, iOS, Mac and Linux
- Improved App-V integration
- Zone preference enhancements allow you to deliver the best possible user experience based on user, app and user profile location
- Simplify the lifecycle maintenance of dedicated VM's by provisioning full clones using Machine Creation Services
- Graphics improvements without any bandwidth increases
- New GPO templates and enhanced Citrix Profile Management to prevent profile corruption
- You can now deliver Linux applications through Citrix Receiver
XenApp Platinum Edition provides some interesting new additions:
- Citrix Director offers long-term historical resource utilization reporting
- Self-Service password Reset becomes webbased and completely integrated
- AppDNA can analyse applications compatibility for future migrations to Server 2016
- Session Recording can monitor administrative changes
- SCOM Management Packs now support SCOM 2016 and Windows Server 2016
If you can't wait for it, just contact EASI and we will help you with your migration or demo setup.